Banking and Payment protect crashing in Chrome.

As the title says.... 
we are an ESET partner and authorised re-seller of the product, but due to your new phone systems having a few teething issues and our account manager been busy i thought i would ask on here. 

when chrome opens it works fine, can type in the address bar and go to banking site with out any issues. 
but... if i click on a Favourite or the 3dots on the far right to open the drop down settings window it causes chrome to hang and stop responding. 

i have wiped the hdd and done a clean install of windows 10, installed ESET first and then Chrome. so they are the only programs on the laptop. 
it will work for the first time i open it but after a reboot it does exactly the same. 

it also works fine in all other browsers. 

Edited by Stuart

• ESET Staff

Hi Stuart,

We apologies for the issues you have experienced getting through to a member of our team. 

To resolve this issue please try doing the following; Within the protected browser please try disabling 'Use hardware acceleration when available'.

To access these settings please type 'chrome://settings/privacy' into the address bar, once you have done this please restarting the Banking and Payment Protection and let us know if you continue to have issues.

Edited by TomPark

17 hours ago, TomPark said:

Hi Stuart,

We apologies for the issues you have experienced getting through to a member of our team. 

To resolve this issue please try doing the following; Within the protected browser please try disabling 'Use hardware acceleration when available'.

To access these settings please type 'chrome://settings/privacy' into the address bar, once you have done this please restarting the Banking and Payment Protection and let us know if you continue to have issues.

thank you for the reply, no worries about the issues of getting through. we had similar issues when we had a new phone system installed and when we get new updates for the phones.. fixes some issues and breaks something else :D 

chrome://settings/system is a better link for finding the setting.. 
have already tried that one.. 
i forgot to add in the opening message, right clicking menu also causes it to bomb out.

been a computer repair workshop and shop we have hundreds of ESET customers both business and home users. 
we have been using it for a long time now and out of the hundreds and hundreds of installs we have done we have never come across this issue before. 
the fact it is still present after a clean install makes it even more baffling. 
as i cant see any logical solution i have reached out on here. 
there is also nothing online mentioning the same issue.. which again is odd. or at least we couldnt find anything. 

Edited by Stuart

• ESET Staff

Hi Stuart,

Please can you also turn of the 'Continue running background apps when Google chrome is closed'. Once you have disabled this setting please close all Google Chrome browsers and then try again. 

BPPChromeSettings.PNG

If this issue continues, please submit a ticket to our team and someone will get back to you.

Disabling hardware acceleration and unchecking the option to run in the background resolved this for me. 

This was incredibly frustrating and tried reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks for the solution.