Cant Join replacement phone to MDM

I have a user that got a new phone. Both are samsungs, but different models. I used the samsung transfer manager to move all the data from on to the other. I have issued a stop management to the old phone and removed it from ERA as well. Now I cannot seem to get ESET on teh new phone to activate/enroll in our ERA MDM. I have uninstalled the app from the new phone and reinstalled, several times, as well as removing from ERA MDM. Somehow the new phone is holding on to some old data. I say that because it is retaining the Admin password that got transferred with the samsung transfer app. Every time I remove and reinstall ESET to the phone I will re-enroll from the MDM, get the new link, and ESET on the phone will ask for admin creds before it will attempt to connect to the MDM. Aside from wiping and starting from scratch, what can I do?

• ESET Staff

What happens when you enter the admin password during the enrollment process? Does it enroll, or it actually fails with whatever reason? As you can then easily adjust the admin password via ERA policy, once it is connected.