Agent or AV not detecting the right IP

• Most Valued Members

My system has two NICs (192.168.0.12/24 and 192.168.10.12/24). 

When I first synchronize the static groups, and give ESMC time to populate and update, I find that my system's IP is showing the 2nd one and not the one that's within the same network as the ESMC server (I'm wondering if this explains why it's not able to connect to the ESMC server).

Which of the app does the detection of the IP?   The AV or the Agent?   and more importantly, how do I tell that application to use the same one as the ESMC's network?

[I'm now quite confused.  The agent can obviously contact the ESMC server, since if I disable the Windows Firewall, the ESMC server knows about that and alerts me.  Yet it can't contact the licensing server?  I'm wondering (if it's even possible) that because it's showing the 2nd IP,  the licensing part of the AV system tries to connect to the licensing server via the 2nd network interface (which has not route to the Internet) instead of using what the Agent uses.  Probable?]

Thanks

Edmund

Edited by ewong

• Most Valued Members

I believe that the Agent/AV UI enumerates the 2nd NIC first and the first nic last.  Which explains why it uses the 10.12 instead of 0.12.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Edmund