Exclude proccess from scan without specifying the full path to the .exe

ddutra

Hello,

We use Google Apps and rely heavily on Google Drive File Stream for our file-sharing needs as I am sure some people here do too.

We recently migrated from trend to ESET Endpoint Protection - Cloud Managed and I started having some problems with Google Drive File Stream. Won't sync and is overall slow.

When I disable ESET for 10 minutes everything flows well.

I think the next step would be to exclude GoogleDriveFS.exe from the scan list. Problem is, the full path to the GoogleDriveFS.exe may vary from machine to machine. Here is my current GoogleDriveFS.exe path:

- C:\Program Files\Google\Drive File Stream\28.1.48.2039\GoogleDriveFS.exe

It seems it uses the version at the time of install on the full path. I wonder if that will change when the application updates.

Anyway, I expected to be able to use wildcards on the path, like so:

- C:\Program Files\Google\Drive File Stream\*\GoogleDriveFS.exe

Is this possible?

Thanks

• Administrators

A process can only be specified by a full path to the executable.

Wildcards in exclusions can be used only at the end of the path if an exclusion is not limited to a specific detection name.

I'd recommend contacting Customer care to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution.

• Administrators

I would suggest trying out home version 12.1.8 beta which has on-open scanning reworked and might help in this case. Let me know if you are willing to test it to find out if it eventually resolves the issue. Changes from v12.1 should be included in Endpoint v7.1 which is planned to be released next year.

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

I would suggest trying out home version 12.1.8 beta which has on-open scanning reworked and might help in this case. Let me know if you are willing to test it to find out if it eventually resolves the issue. Changes from v12.1 should be included in Endpoint v7.1 which is planned to be released next year.

I`ll wait for 7.1 and for the time being i`ll check weekly for new Drive versions and update the path.

Thanks!