Upgrading Eset client

Aim2018

Hi,

I have a Eset 5.5 RA server   and Installed new  6 .x ERA  server with different IP 

How can I migrate the eset 5.5 client and  upgrade 6 or 7 

Thanks 

• Administrators

I would consider installing / deploying the latest ESMC v7 rather than ERA v6. Also Endpoint v7 and other v7 server products work best with ESMC.

After deploying ESMC, deploy agent on clients, ideally using a GPO script or the Deployment tool:

image.png

With ERA/ESMC, you can manage also Endpoint v5 clients. From ESMC you can send a software install task to clients to get Endpoint upgraded to the latest v7. You can also uninstall Endpoint v5 first and then install v7 from scratch (machines would need to be restarted after uninstallation). For more information about installing / upgrading Endpoint via ESMC, please read https://support.eset.com/kb6726/.

Hi,

On 11/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, Marcos said:

I would consider installing / deploying the latest ESMC v7 rather than ERA v6. Also Endpoint v7 and other v7 server products work best with ESMC.

After deploying ESMC, deploy agent on clients, ideally using a GPO script or the Deployment tool:

image.png

With ERA/ESMC, you can manage also Endpoint v5 clients. From ESMC you can send a software install task to clients to get Endpoint upgraded to the latest v7. You can also uninstall Endpoint v5 first and then install v7 from scratch (machines would need to be restarted after uninstallation). For more information about installing / upgrading Endpoint via ESMC, please read https://support.eset.com/kb6726/.

Hi,

Is it necessary  to  run the  deploy agent  before running  ‘software install task’  if it is migrate and upgrade  ?

The question  is the software install task also deploy the agent ?

Thanks

• Administrators

If agent has not been deployed yet, you must do so first. Otherwise the client won't be able to communicated with the ESMC server and receive tasks, including software install tasks. Once agent has been installed, you can update it later to a newer version by means of an ESMC component upgrade task.