default root password for ESET SysRescue Live

Hello,

I am using the ESET SysRescue Live product but i have a problem....does not start the gui (it freezes with a blinking cursor). 

I want to login from terminal tty1 and start debugging the problem (this tool uses ubuntu 16.04.04 LTS)

What are the default credentials for root login?

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, calin.ionut said:

Hello,

I am using the ESET SysRescue Live product but i have a problem....does not start the gui (it freezes with a blinking cursor). 

I want to login from terminal tty1 and start debugging the problem (this tool uses ubuntu 16.04.04 LTS)

What are the default credentials for root login?

Try running the program with sudo see if it makes any difference.

it`s not about running the program as root.....the problem is i can`t log in.

Booting up with live cd...does not bring me the gui (does not log me in ether)....so i am trying to connect to tty1 (username and password for root - which i don`t know the credentials) and see why the x server is not starting :)

• Most Valued Members
5 minutes ago, calin.ionut said:

it`s not about running the program as root.....the problem is i can`t log in.

Booting up with live cd...does not bring me the gui (does not log me in ether)....so i am trying to connect to tty1 (username and password for root - which i don`t know the credentials) and see why the x server is not starting :)

I have tried to Google for the default user and password but nothing could be found about this , there is something wrong I think

Maybe the SysRescue is corrupted on the USB? did you try to re-download and re-install it?

There is no website even on this forum has listed something like user and password for the SysRescue , the only thing about username and password for the SysRescue is about using a username and password for the update channel which you don't need because SysRescue is a free software.

I will try to see why the GUI is freezing.

like i said.....

The system is booting the sysrescue live cd, but the gui is not starting. The cursor blinker is on the screen and that`s all.

The problem i think is that is not able to run the x server (ubuntu linux)....and if i log in as root (ctrl+alt+f1 tty1) and see the log maybe i can fix this.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, calin.ionut said:

like i said.....

The system is booting the sysrescue live cd, but the gui is not starting. The cursor blinker is on the screen and that`s all.

The problem i think is that is not able to run the x server (ubuntu linux)....and if i log in as root (ctrl+alt+f1 tty1) and see the log maybe i can fix this.

ESET SysRescue window does not start after booting up

ESET SysRescue window should start automatically under normal circumstances. If not, try to run the ESET SysRescue GUI manually using LXTerminal.

1.Click system menu system_menu_button in the bottom left corner.

2.Navigate to Accessories and select LXTerminal.

3.Run the following commands in the console:

killall esets_gui

/opt/eset/esets/bin/esets_gui

See if that helps