ESET Blocking Kayak.com

Kieran Barry

Hi guys,

We've run into a problem with ESET installed on our MD's machine. He is trying to access kayak.com and it doesn't seem to be allowing him access.

What's strange is that he has exactly the same settings as the other 140 machines that we have here and all 139 of them can access this site without any issue.

I have tried adding the URL to the allowed list. I have tried adding the certificate to the allowed certificate list etc.

I have disabled SSL/TLS protocol filtering and that seems to have done the trick, however I would rather not keep this off.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Regards,

Kieran Barry

• Administrators

The domain in question is not on ESET's blacklist. Have you tried opening it in another browser or machine? Are you able to open other https websites there?

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The domain in question is not on ESET's blacklist. Have you tried opening it in another browser or machine? Are you able to open other https websites there?

Hi Marcos,

It seems to be blocked in every browser, but only on this machine.

I have tried with various other machines using different browsers and they are all working except for our MD's machine.

Regards,

Kieran Barry

• Administrators

What about other https websites? Are you able to open them on the troublesome machine?

Let's try the following:
- disable SSL/TLS filtering
- reboot the machine
- without launching any browser or app, re-enable SSL/TLS filtering
- launch a browser and try to reproduce the issue.

Let us know if the issue is resolved.

I would check his browser's settings to make sure the web site hasn't been inadvertently block there.

Is the alert he is receiving when trying to access the web site, an Eset alert or a browser alert?

What browser is he  using? Both Firefox and Chrome has their own internal root CA stores. IE11 and Edge use the Win root CA store. Verify that Eset's root CA certificate is installed in the Win root CA store and also in Chrome's and Firefox's root CA store if those browsers are used.

• Administrators

I'd suggest contacting customer care so that the case is properly investigated and tracked. We have a test version of the Internet protection module that contains a workaround for a bug in Windows 10 related to SSL/TLS filtering. There's a chance it could help in your case if you use Windows 10.

Hi @itman and @Marcos,

Thanks for your replies, I have managed to fix this with a little bit of tinkering in the Endpoint Settings on the machine itself.

Can't remember exactly what I had changed but everything seems to be working a-okay now.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Kieran Barry