Unable to log in

After what looks to be a successful upgrade to V7 I am no longer able to log into the RA console.

The error is  Login failed: Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• ESET Staff
11 minutes ago, TheSkymanDC said:

After what looks to be a successful upgrade to V7 I am no longer able to log into the RA console.

The error is  Login failed: Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This error means that ESMC Server service is not running. Could you verify that and possibly try to restart it? If it won't help, could you please check relevant trace.log for possible errors? Was it actually working after upgrade, or it stopped working during upgrade?

• ESET Staff

So it seems ESMC servers is not running properly. There is nothing suspicious visible in trace log - could you please check whether there are any minidumps generated in directory:

c:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Dumps\

or it's subdirectories? If so, please send me at least one dmp file for verification as private message (PM) as it might contain sensitive data.

• ESET Staff

Thanks for clarifying this issue.

Please use temporary hotfix for this issue, in attached file you will find replacement modules for Windows and basic instructions. Once applied, ESMC should be working correctly.

NotificationValidationFix_ESMC7.0.66.1.zip

• ESET Staff
12 minutes ago, TheSkymanDC said:

That worked!  Thanks Martin!

Btw. it was related to new notifications validation mechanisms. It seems, that at least one of your notifications is referencing dynamic group that no longer exists -> now you should see it as invalid.