PDF Creator - potentially unwanted application

Hi,

How do I stop ESET falsely identifying PDF Creator as a "potentially unwanted application"? Every time I perform a scan it reports:

"PDFCreator-2_5_2-Setup.exe    a variant of Win32/LuluSoftware.A potentially unwanted application", and
"PDFCreator-3_1_1-Setup.exe    a variant of Win32/LuluSoftware.A potentially unwanted application".

I *do* want this application. Can I tell ESET to ignore it?

Current ESET NOD32 Antivirus version: 11.1.54.0

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Disabling detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUAs) can be done via the Advanced setup screen in ESET NOD32 Antivirus.  Here's how to do this, step by step:

1. Open the ESET NOD32 Antivirus main window by double-clicking on the ESET tray icon in the system notification tray area.
  2. Press F5 to open the Advanced setup screen.
  3. In the left navigation pane, select Detection Engine.
  4. In the right content pane, de-select (un-check) Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  5. Click on the OK button to confirm the change, and close the ESET NOD32 Antivirus window.

For more detailed information and a picture, see ESET Knowledgebase Article #3204, "Configure ESET products to detect or ignore unwanted, unsafe and suspicious applications."

For more information about PUAs, see ESET Knowledgebase Article #2629, "What is a potentially unwanted application or potentially unwanted content." or ESET's PUA white paper.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Administrators

The detection is correct. The application is correctly classified as potentially unwanted. If you want to continue using it, in the yellow window with action selection expand advanced options and select "Exclude  signature from detection" which is safer than disabling PUA detection completely:

image.png