Settings

tonyG

Hi,

just arrived here because I couldn't find answers on Google... :)

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to customize the eset email tag? I can't find a way to do that in the eset advanced settings. I'm running win7 and I've skimmed through the registry to find references to the tag notification (zero) Maybe the tag message is stored in a eset DLL and called when a email is sent?

cheers

Tony

EDIT:

To clarify, this is the tag I mean:

------------------------------------------

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 9201 (20131221) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

------------------------------------------

Edited by tonyG

Hi tonyG

Since email is part of communication, and ESET has chosen to attach footers to all emails sent or received while using the software; I don't feel like this is something they would want users to have edit or write access to.

This is their product creating the message, and it is spread on a global scale.

Typing it in manually of course wont work due to doubles.

If i had to guess, it is probably hard coded into a dll, or into one of the drivers or modules for pop and smtp scanning.

The text is verbatim every time with exception of the database version which would probably be a variable instead calling the version up.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database %getDatabaseVersion% __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

Hi Arakasi,

thanks for your input... I think you're on the money about the footer being hard coded into a dll (and the virus database version check)

FWIW, I have always had message option disabled. I'm not very impressed with the format, it's a long way off being neat. In contrast the Avast counterpart looks much neater. When I used Avast I recall  there was the option of customizing the message. That's what prompted me to start this thread.

I received an email from a friend in Sweden today which reminded me of the Avast footer. I think this looks much neater (purely for aesthetics of course)

Anyway....I think I'll go back to disabling the Eset message

cheers

post-2568-0-10711200-1387665429_thumb.jpg