E-mail notifications level question

Hi!

During my evaluation of EIS I set up e-mail notifications. This works so far, however I always get an e-mail when a virus is detected in e-mails. This happens although I set the notification level e.g. to critical. Is this expected? I thought this would only send me notifications when program modules have problems. Or is virus detection always considered as critical event?

Anguel

Per Eset online help: https://help.eset.com/eis/11.1/en-US/idh_config_notice.html 

Critical is the highest level; i.e. least alerts display and Diagnostic is the lowest level; i.e. most alerts received. Start with setting to Diagnostic and if to many alerts are received, set to next highest level until an alert threshold point is reached acceptable to you.

From the Minimum verbosity for notifications drop-down menu, you can select the starting severity level of notifications to be sent.

Diagnostic – Logs information needed to fine-tune the program and all records above.

Informative – Records informative messages such as non-standard network events, including successful update messages, plus all records above.

Warnings – Records critical errors and warning messages (Antistealth is not running properly or update failed).

Errors – Errors (document protection not started) and critical errors will be recorded.

Critical – Logs only critical errors error starting antivirus protection or infected system.

Edited by itman

Yes, but I set it to "critical" and still get e-mails about every e-mail virus detection. This is what I don't understand...

I would say it is desired behavior for this feature. Appears it was created specifically to inform when an e-mail with malware was received. If this is not desired, don't use the feature.

Also, this feature only applies to e-mail and has no effect on Eset message displays in its other features. Those are all controlled via settings within the specific feature.

Edited by itman

Eset does have a global setting for message verbosity that applies unless specifically overriden at the feature level. See the below screen shot:

Eset_Verbosity.thumb.png.ecefc0ad4fab3b99eb755ec2784fa340.png

Well, my idea was to get an e-mail when some ESET components don't work properly on family member PCs but not every time they get a virus through e-mail and ESET cleans it.

As far as I see this is not possible to do.