NOT Happy - Eset NEVER Popped Up

Hi I am not happy  I have been a faithful eset cx for many years Now I just tried to attach my wp blog to mu tumblr and I get this BIG RED Screen call Microsoft you are infect BS...

MY ESET POPS UP FOR AL KINDS OF JUNK BUT IT DID NOT POP UP AT ALL FOR THIS !!!

WHY ? 

I work remotely for an ISP here in the states and in 1 hour and 15 minutes I have to sign in to work and RIGHT NOW Not too sure if its safe to go to work !!!

Take a look at all the files this downloaded on me 

THERE ARE PAGES OF THIS THAT JUST DOWNLOADED !!!

foresetforum.png

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, NotHappy said:

Hi I am not happy  I have been a faithful eset cx for many years Now I just tried to attach my wp blog to mu tumblr and I get this BIG RED Screen call Microsoft you are infect BS...

Interesting. I got hit by a similar phony WD alert tech support scam screen locker also on Weds. or Thurs. when I landed on a web site surfing.

The proper way to respond to these is do not click on or interact with anything on the displayed screen. Immediately open Windows Task Manager or Process Explorer and terminate the browser.

Also in my case, Eset didn't catch it. I don't see how it could since these scams are not malware but are rather phishing attempts to get you to call the tech support number listed. Once done, the perpetrators will attempt to get you to purchase remedial tech support you don't need. Or worse, will convinced you to give them remote access to your PC by which they can download anything they wish. As far as all the files listed in your screen shot, those might just be browser temp files which would be normally deleted at browser close time.

• Administrators

These scam web pages vary from simple html ones to more complex ones that utilize javascript and obfuscation. Since there's nothing malicious in them, it's usually only possible to detect them based on the content or by blocking the url or IP address. Since we cannot block a web page generically just because it contains keywords like "Microsoft", "Google", etc. it's not possible to effectively detect them proactively, only reactively, especially given that they also use certain trick to avoid blocking of IP addresses.