High paged pool memory crashing system

Hi, 

The gist of the problem is that my paged pool memory rapidly climbs within 2-3 days of keeping my laptop turned on leading to the committed memory becoming hogged and thus the system hangs and crashes. I have posted this on a tech support forum and they have helped me narrow it down to ESET (I was shocked myself). https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/928359-huge-memory-leak-keeps-crashing-the-system/?tab=comments#comment-11356351

This d1ma process seems to be caused by 2 processes, both of which lie in the ESET secure data root folder. Any idea why it keeps hogging my system? I'm not even using this feature within eset. 

EDIT: So I looked it up further, apparently secure data was part of eset smart security premium but I changed to internet security around 6 months ago. How do I get rid of it?

2018-05-19 02_13_55-C__Windows_System32_cmd.exe - poolmon  _p _p _b.png

2018-05-19 02_34_22-C__Windows_System32_cmd.exe.png

Edited by MussInBoots

• Administrators

If you think that ESET is responsible for the crashes, please contact customer care and provide a complete memory dump from such crash for perusal. Also supply logs gathered by ESET Log Collector.

The two drivers shown are associated with DesLock+, an encryption utility. Eset uses its engine in various products including Smart Security.

Eset uses a common installer for both Internet and Smart Security. The features exclusive to Smart Security such as the DesLock+ installer, DesLockInstaller.msi, are locked out from installation in Internet Security.

Appears what happened here is perhaps you installed Internet Security over the previous Smart Security installation? As such, it appears the DesLock+ components remained installed and apparently active.

It is debatable if manually uninstalling the two drivers would 100% correct all your issues since other components of DesLock+ might cause other problems. The easiest solution might be to export your existing Internet Security settings if you have custom ones in effect. Then run Eset's Uninstaller utility: https://support.eset.com/kb2289/ in safe mode to remove all traces of the previous Smart Security installation in addition to the existing Internet Security installation. Once that has been completed, reboot your PC and manually verify that the noted driver files no longer exist in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory. After verification, then reinstall Internet Security and import your previously saved settings if so done.

Edited by itman

Hi @itman, I did exactly that and it fixed the problem! The drivers are no longer there and my ram is no longer climbing rapidly on it's own. Thanks alot!