Licensing the docker container

Arano-kai

If I make some docker containers for ERA stack and publish they at github/hub.docker/etc, is that violates the ESET eula?

And, if not violates, what open source license will not interfere with ESET eula.

Please note that containers do not have activation at any sort but may contain installer/installed product (that still need be activated by end user).

I have 6 servers running a licensed software (license is based on mac-address), i want to convert these to 1 server that on demand run one or more docker containers with the software. How I can manage the license in the containers? Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher

Edited by matador86

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 11:39 AM, matador86 said:

I have 6 servers running a licensed software (license is based on mac-address), i want to convert these to 1 server that on demand run one or more docker containers with the software. How I can manage the license in the containers?

You can use `--mac-address=""` on run command. And ,generally speaking, this is off-topic :ph34r: .

What I'm asking in OP is about license for sharing container code (Dockerfile, run scripts etc.) that will not interfere/violates ESET eula. Not about licensing of products inside of container.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Arano-kai said:

You can use `--mac-address=""` on run command. And ,generally speaking, this is off-topic :ph34r: .

What I'm asking in OP is about license for sharing container code (Dockerfile, run scripts etc.) that will not interfere/violates ESET eula. Not about licensing of products inside of container.

Probably best to email eset