Firefox stopped loading pages

opti1

On March 8 Firefox 58.0.2  started to not load pages most of the time on all three of our PCs that are running ESET NOD32 11.0.159.9.

Before that all three PCs had been humming along just fine for a long time.

Shortly before I began to notice this problem I began seeing TLS messages from Firefox in the lower left corner where it shows you what it is doing as it loads the page.

I have temporarily disabled ESET and I have temporarily turned off TLS protection but neither fixed this problem.

Was there an update on or around March 8  that may have caused this problem or is it just me?

Thanks for any insight, suggestions, or help you can provide!

FireFox  ver. 58 changes - Unresolved:

When using certain non-default security policies on Windows (for example with Windows Defender Exploit Protection or Webroot security products), Firefox may fail to load pages

Assuming you are using Win 10 1709 and modified any WDEG settings, open Event Log - > Windows - > Security - Mitigations. Open the Kernel log. Look for any events related to FireFox. Note what the blocked activity is and then open Browser & App Control in Windows Defender Security Center. Then scroll down to Exploit Protection and click on it. Then click on Program settings, scroll down to FireFox, and disable the mitigation previously noted from the Event Log.

• Administrators

If temporarily disabling protocol filtering doesn't make any difference, the issue is highly unlikely to be ESET related.

The problem with Firefox 58.0.2 (and other versions) no longer loading pages was caused by an update to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on March 8. Apparently it affects only some users. Uninstalling MBAE fixes the problem.

Malwarebytes are aware of the problem and are investigating.

You need to update your Firefox. after you need to check again. you Firefox is working fine. if your internet speed is slow then you Firefox not working. I suggest you to scan your computer for antivirus

John Hatt

Technical Expert

Edited by johnhatt
Remove Links

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 5:53 PM, opti1 said:

Malwarebytes are aware of the problem and are investigating.

Shortly after my previous post Malwarebytes released Anti-Exploit update 1.12.1.48 that appears to have fixed this problem.

Edited by opti1