hi, I am getting this error repeatedly. but I don't know what is the problem exactly. so please help me regarding this issue. During execution of Kernel on the computer. the following event occurred: Cannot establish connection to antispam cloud, antispam is not fully functional.

• Administrators

If you are behind a firewall, make sure that ekrn.exe can communicate with ESET's servers. For details please refer to https://support.eset.com/kb332/#antispam:

• Version 5 and higher: You need to allow requests to your local DNS server (TCP/UDP port 53).
  • Base domain for DNS queries: e5.sk
NOTE:

Make sure to open TCP/UDP port 53535 for the addresses in the table below. Otherwise, the performance and catch rate of antispam will be limited.

h1-ars01-v.eset.com 91.228.166.61
h1-ars02-v.eset.com 91.228.166.62
h1-ars03-v.eset.com 91.228.166.63
h1-ars04-v.eset.com 91.228.166.64
h1-ars05-v.eset.com 91.228.166.65
h3-ars01-v.eset.com 91.228.167.36
h3-ars02-v.eset.com 91.228.167.67
h3-ars03-v.eset.com 91.228.167.68
h3-ars04-v.eset.com 91.228.167.74
h3-ars05-v.eset.com 91.228.167.116
h5-ars01-v.eset.com 38.90.226.21
h5-ars02-v.eset.com 38.90.226.22
h5-ars03-v.eset.com 38.90.226.23
h5-ars04-v.eset.com 38.90.226.24
h5-ars05-v.eset.com 38.90.226.25

• 4 weeks later...

hi, for the above mention problem is coming continuously by different dates. some times this error antispam is fully functional is successful. and again after few days same error coming.

i am using Eset smart security 9 version. before you said You need to allow requests to your local DNS server (TCP/UDP port 53). please tell me how to allow requests to my local DNS server (TCP/UDP port 53) settings.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Moinuddin17 said:

hi, for the above mention problem is coming continuously by different dates. some times this error antispam is fully functional is successful. and again after few days same error coming.

There is probably a communication issue between your computer and ISP or between your ISP and ESET's servers. You can provide a Wireshark log from time when the error is reported but I don't think it would shed more light.

i am using Eset smart security 9 version. before you said You need to allow requests to your local DNS server (TCP/UDP port 53). please tell me how to allow requests to my local DNS server (TCP/UDP port 53) settings.

Since you have a consumer product installed, I assume that you are not behind a corporate firewall that could block communication with ESET's servers. Requests to your DNS server must work or you wouldn't be able to open websites in a browser for instance.

Try this.

Remove your DNS server IP address from the Trusted Zone. Then add it to DNS servers as shown in the below screen shot like I did for the DNS servers I use:

Temp.thumb.png.0a1db85e1d05ff2ae00761c83ca36f9d.png

Sir, in my system already DNS server address added.u told me to change DNS server address as shown in above screen shot. but in my system DNS servers address is not editing.

• Administrators

I doubt that the problem is in EIS setup since the ESET firewall allows all outgoing communication in automatic mode by default.

The only other thing I can think of is if ekrn.exe localhost proxy connections are being perhaps blocked to ports 137-139? FYI - ekrn.exe will do connections from 127.0.0.x for IPv4 or ::1 for IPv6 using ports 137-139.

Open Network protections in the Eset GUI and verify if the  "Recently blocked applications or devices" count is zero as shown by the below screen shot:

Temp.thumb.png.20d776038849a95591fbff3db5b3b112.png

Edited by itman

Sir, As per your telling i did that settings. after that also again error is coming. for your reference pls check my screenshot images. kindly reply about this issue.

Anti Spam Error.jpg

Network Protection settings.jpg

At this point, all I can conclude is something external to Eset itself is blocking inbound/outbound access to port 53535 as @Marcos originally posted.

For starters, check your Win Firewall event log entries and see if any blocked activity shows up there for ekrn.exe and port 53535. There shouldn't be any entries there for same but best to check it anyway. If nothing shows up in the Win Firewall event log entries, then the blocking is occurring elsewhere. You never described your network hardware setup other than to state you are using a DNS server. To you have a firewall on that or setup on your network perimeter?