Online Virus Scanner shutting computer down

sec161

I have tried running the online virus scanner in safe mode 4 different times and it always shuts down my system part way through.  I'm pretty sure there's some funky stuff going on with my computer so I'd really like to finish the scan.

Any thoughts on why this is happening or how I can stop it? 

Thank you!

Hmm never heard about this before, well you could scan with another scanner too like Malwarebytes to see if it finds anything, and if MBAM removes something then come back to EOS and try to scan with it again to see if it works better. You could also download a trial of ESET NOD32 Antivirus and make an on-demand scan with it if EOS still fails.

These are just a few examples of things you can try there are loads of tools and fixes available but you got to start somewhere. I'm sure other suggestions will follow  :)

• Administrators

I'd suggest installing a trial version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, updating it and running a full disk scan. It shouldn't be shut down by potential malware as it uses self-defense.

• ESET Insiders

One thing comes to my mind...

It could be that CPU / GPU / MoBo is overheating during this intensive task and then PC shuts down to protect from burning.

Try installing something like HWInfo and monitor temperature.

If it is the reason - just clean the dust from fans in PC.

Tomo