Two questions about ESET SMART SECURITY

I have two doubts that I hope will help me clarify.

First, I see that there is a new version of the program. 10.1.235.1, but in all the machines of the work 10.1.219.1 is still shown. I guess again the automatic update did not work and should be run manually on "all" the PCs, is it correct?

Second, we handle the smart security version, not premium, I guess there will not be an update to version 11 for this product unless we get new licenses, right?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

We don't distribute newer updates to all users at once. Program updates are always staggered which is likely why your v10.1.219 hasn't updated to v10.1.235 automatically yet.

As of v11, ESET Smart Security has been renamed to ESET Internet Security (EIS). ESET Smart Security Premium is actually EIS with Disk Encryption and Password Manager features added. You can install EIS v11 over ESS v10.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

One last doubt. I uninstalled version 10 to install 11 of EIS, once I installed the new version I got a message that I had to restart the computer and I had two options, "restart later" or "restart now", say restart now and nothing happened, I do not restart the computer, I do not know if it is a known error of the installation of the product.

1 hour ago, Hijin25 said:

say restart now and nothing happened

Probably a system "hiccup." I wouldn't worry about it. Had it happened a number of times on other software installs. Just do a manual restart.