Endpoint 6.5 forced Outlook Re-sync Server database increasing in size

APM

I Just began rolling out Endpoint 6.5 on my network and pretty quickly ran into what I understand to be known behavior in that after an Outlook client is closed and reopened, Endpoint begins scanning all items in the inbox folder and will not send or receive new items until this has completed.  Which is fine for those who have a nice ordered system but terrible for anyone who has a large (10GB) mailbox with most items sat in the inbox folder.

It also seems that changes are made to mail items during this scan as when the same user logs onto a different computer that even doesn't have Endpoint installed, they have to resync their whole mailbox.  More frustratingly after these syncs/scans are done, the exchange database appears to have significantly grown in size - roughly 10% of the total mailboxes size!  I'm not actually sure I can complete roll out of Endpoint due to capacity on the server.  Why is the database expanding so much? What is being added to the mailbox items that is taking up so much space?

Thanks for any assistance!

Not intentionally jimwillsher; if it is a default setting then this could be happening.  Could you point me in the right direction to disable it please?

No we don't, users general delete anything suspicious (except for when they blindly open them and start participating in botnets).