ERA MirrorTool Customization

Hi,

I'm currently preparing an offline repository using ERA MirrorTool. I have been downloading for several days the files are consuming almost 300GB.

Is there any parameters that we can use to customize the download? I only found excludeProducts but even that, there are several versions and language that I would like to exclude.

TIA,

plceset

• Administrators

Hello,
unfortunately, it's not possible to avoid that. I'd suggest using ESET's default repository and using an HTTP Proxy (e.g. Apache proxy bundled with ERA v6 all-in-one installer) to cache update files and installers and to prevent downloading redundant files.

Thanks for the reply Marcos.

I've managed to download everything which is about 320GB+ which is quite a waste for us as we only have a license for few products and en language.

I can't use HTTP Proxy as the entire network has no access to Internet.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply.

• Administrators

If you don't need a repository, an alternative way how to create a local mirror with update files is using an Endpoint v6 product. The size of such mirror would be much smaller as it wouldn't contain installers. If the clients connect to an ERA server, you could use a local msi installer with a software install task without the need to have the whole repository.