Windows 10 x64 Eset 10.1.210.0

Hi,

When using Eset every time I boot my computer my mouse because laggy after the logon . I'm not sure the antivirus does that , but I will need to uninstall it and see.  no one else has this issue ?

Second      When using WGET software https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/    to do some download test without writing to HDD .  causing very high CPU and SSD Writes when ESET Antivirus and Firewall are enabled .   when pausing the protection of both ,  the high SSD Write stops but CPU Still goes up because of Ekrn.exe which takes 7-8% cpu usage .  even when both protection are disabled , this services still uses CPU .

how to fix this issue ?

• Administrators

If downloading files larger than 1 MB, with Web access protection enabled ESET will create temporary files on a disk that will be subsequently scanned for malware. If it's a very large archive, it can take some time to scan which will also take some cpu resources.

24 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If downloading files larger than 1 MB, with Web access protection enabled ESET will create temporary files on a disk that will be subsequently scanned for malware. If it's a very large archive, it can take some time to scan which will also take some cpu resources.

ok ,,

What about Ekrn.exe takes tons of cpu at first windows booting ?  almost 30% then it goes down slowly .  but the mouse becomes laggy like hell , and everything takes ages to be opened at the first 2-3 seconds.  Signing off and sign on again ekrn.exe does the same every time , sometimes it doesn't lag pretty much but still ekrn.exe takes tons of cpu all the time.

Uninstalling Eset fix the issue, it's not laggy anymore.

I've never had this issue with Eset, what can be the issue ?  Also when checking how to uninstall Eset, I noticed I don't have on the Network Adapter .

1. Select Epfw NDIS LightWeight Filter and click Uninstall. Click Yes at the prompt, uninstallation may take several minutes  

Does it mean something is not good ? cause it says it's suppose to be on Windows 10 , do you have it ?

When reinstalling or installing Eset Internet Security this thing supposed to be on the network adapter ?

Edited by x7007

• Administrators

Please create a Process Monitor boot log as per the instructions linked in my signature, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link. Also enclose logs from ESET Log Collector.

As for Epfwlwf.sys, this driver is not supposed to be installed if you use Windows 8 or newer and have ESET v10 installed.