When you enter advance settings. Why is number after name of the settings? I haven't made any changes.

• Administrators

For instance, the list of drivers allowed to load is populated aalutomatically after installation. The same goes for known networks if you mark a network as home/office network (trusted).

This is not new installation. All settings name have numbers after them like there has been changes to the settings. I have noticed you get numbers after settings name when you change something but I have not changed anything in this case., I don't understand why it would do that?

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Seth said:

This is not new installation. All settings name have numbers after them like there has been changes to the settings. I have noticed you get numbers after settings name when you change something but I have not changed anything in this case., I don't understand why it would do that?

Please post a screen shot of what settings you see changed. As I wrote, it's expected for HIPS -> Advanced setup -> Drivers always allowed to load as well as for Known network in the firewall setup.

Here is a screen shot. There is alot of numbers there and yet I have done no changes to them.

ESS.jpg

It not only reflects changes, but also if you have enabled something....like say "idle-state scanning". If enabled if will show a "1", if disabled it will not show a number.

Give it a try, make some changes and see how the numbers will change.

Edited by TomFace

Idle-state scanning is off. I did some changes but then the number count went up but I have not done any changes to rest of them. Could it have something to do with that I updated from v9 to v10? When I turn off some of the settings the number count goes down. That is weird.

• Administrators

In the screen shot you've posted it looks like the exclusion list is not empty. Could you confirm? I assume that you have already excluded some file(s) from scanning, hence the change indicator next to it.