Unknown Windows Accounts keep appearing

For some time now, I've found new unknown accounts in my Windows 10 C:\Users folder. These user accounts do not appear in the User Accounts within Control Panel. I have removed these, but they keep returning under various unfamiliar names.  I ran a full antivirus scan which found 0 threats. I noticed that ESET creates phantom user accounts with its Anti-Theft protection in ESET Smart Security, but I've never installed Smart Security to my knowledge. I am concerned that these unknown accounts might be from an unknown, nefarious source that might compromise my system (installing a keystroke logger, accessing my email, my applications, my password wallet, etc.). I need to know if ESET has started creating unknown accounts within NOD32 or in any other fashion which explains what I'm experiencing.

It depends on what the accounts are used for. If you "fool around" with certain Win OS settings like I do for example, the OS will create special user account folders to accommodate those settings.

Best you post a screen shot of your C:\User account folders. Whiteout any account folders related to yourself or other accounts you specifically created. Also state what Win OS version you are using.

My apologies for being so long to respond. I removed all of the bogus accounts in Windows 10 using the User Accounts section of the Control Panel. The first several were named Patric, ETB User, GhostUser, and Temp. I then used Regedit to search for all occurrences of these user names and determined the SIDs for each of these users. I then went through the entire registry removing all references to these users that I could (changing permissions as needed where it was allowed. I removed the entire user profile from the C:\Users folder. I also went through my router firewall settings and tighten things up as much as I could. So far, no bogus users have been created since I completed these changes. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I was simply curious as to whether NOD32 had made any changes which create users and/or the accompanying user profile folders on disk in a manner similar to ESET's anti-theft functionality. I appreciate your response.