Smart Security virus database update problems

My Smart Security keeps telling me that the database is 8 days old. I've restarted the PC, manually updated the database several times and it still shows database 24 03 2017 version 14855.

1.png

2.png

• Administrators

Did you upgrade to v10 from an older version? Does uninstalling ESS and installing it from scratch resolve the issue?

Upgraded a short while ago and had no problems with database updating, just since yesterday.

Trying to reinstall at the moment but the installation has got stuck at 1% with the notification Stopping services which has just stopped and the installation has not been completed possibly due to malware infection. Now what?

4.png

Ran Avast, which found nothing, so downloaded eset_smart_security_premium_live_installer.exe, ran it, stopped again at 1%, ran the Specialized cleaner which gave no malware found message.....????

5.png

Edited by steveSK

Finally managed to reinstall it, but I cannot activate it. The Change License button doesn't work. When I click it, nothing happens. So I tried activating it online and was informed there is a problem with the activation key. And the update buttons work, but it tells me there are no updates available and still shows the 24.3.2017 database as being the latest version.

Edited by steveSK

Completely uninstalled Smart Security. Ran the ESET scanner which gave 0 problems. Installed 30 day trial Internet Security and have the same problems as with Smart Security, i.e. cannot upgrade virus database from version 14855.

• Administrators

Let's start off with providing me with basic logs. In particular:

- in the advanced setup, Tools -> Diagnostics, enable advanced update engine logging
- run manual update
- collect logs using ESET Log Collector as per the instructions linked in my signature

If the generated zip file is too large to attach, upload it to a safe location (e.g. wetransfer.com) and pm me a download link.