what's  the diffrence between ESET'Application memory scan    and  bitdefender's  Application  threat  contorl ?  why eset‘ hips is short of   the rules about   filename extension (like exe\sys\dll),it will make HIPS easier.  Besides ,wheather eset'hips can protect windows7  about    driver load and  hook?

Edited by generalmba
wrong words

2 hours ago, generalmba said:

what's  the diffrence between ESET'Application memory scan    and  bitdefender's  Application  threat  contorl ?

I believe you are referring to Eset's Advanced Memory Scanner. You can read about that here: https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/#scanner and compare it to the Bitdefender feature you described.

2 hours ago, generalmba said:

why eset‘ hips is short of   the rules about   filename extension (like exe\sys\dll),it will make HIPS easier.

Eset has hidden default system rules that protect critical system files and registry areas. You can also add rules manually if you so wish. 

• Administrators

I'd also add that HIPS is a fundamental protection feature without which self-defense, Advanced memory scanner, Exploit Blocker and Ransomware protection don't work. I emphasize this as there are some users who like to disable particular features without knowing what other protection modules it affects and how substantially they reduce proactive protection provided by ESET's advanced technology.