ESET Smart Security

jpcummins

Recently took advantage of a good deal, on I believe Newegg, and purchased ESET Smart Security. I installed the software and it appears to be performing as it should. My problem is of my own making, as the password I chose that allows me to make changes etc. I have forgot. And now when I attempt to make a change I am asked for the password which I can no longer provide. I first thought that I would simply uninstall the program and then reinstall it but I cannot do this because it ask for the password. Has anyone experienced anything like this with ESET Smart Security? If so what is the solution? Thought I would ask before contacting ESET again. I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET can certainly assist you with that.  You will first need to generate an unlock code on the computer, and then contact technical support with that, who can then provide you with instructions on how to reset the password.  Specific instructions can be found in ESET Knowledgebase Article #333, "Reset your settings password using the ESET unlock tool".

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky