• Administrators

If you need to use Windows firewall for whatever reason, disable ESET's firewall or replace ESET Smart Security with ESET NOD32 Antivirus. However, it's not clear to me why you would prefer Windows firewall over the ESET's one.

21 hours ago, chanlext said:

Please help me.  I need to allow Windows Firewall to have control for a class I'm taking.  How can I disable ESET's grip?  Thanks.

Perhaps you are describing Windows Remote Desktop feature which is disabled by default on most newer vers. for security reasons?

22 hours ago, chanlext said:

ESET controls Windows Firewall settings. I need to work with Windows Firewall settings for a lab.

Then do as @Marcos suggested and temporarily disable the Eset firewall for your lab sessions.

Note that if the Eset firewall is set to default settings, it will also process and inbound Win firewall rules you might add as part of your lab project which could affect the Eset firewall behavior once it is re-enabled.

Likewise, I don't know how the Eset firewall would respond to you enabling Win firewall outbound rule processing for example.

Bottom line - I would reset the Win firewall setting to default after your lab project is done prior to enabling the Eset firewall again.

Edited by itman