Threat Notifications Per Dynamic Group

Been looking for a way to setup a notification per dynamic group for threat notifications. I have a customer that is requesting notifications and I have their servers sorted out in a dynamic group and I would like to send a notification email when a threat is detected on any of the computers in that, and only that, dynamic group. Has anyone found any way to setup anything even remotely close to this?

Thanks!

• ESET Staff

Hello, as of now, this is not possible in an easy way. We are working on an improvement, that will allow setting filters over static groups. Dynamic groups are evaluated on client only, and on server side it works primarily by a filter, but I will check with the developers, if we are able to extend the scope of the planned improvement. If implemented it will become available in Q4/2017. 

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Staff

Not as of now. However, in the ERA 6.5 we will introduce a multi-tenant setup, where you will be able to create users that will have access only to a specific sets of groups (static groups) and also create objects (like reports / policies & notifications) that will be tight to a specific static group. So when a notification with a configured "home" static group for the customer XYZ is created, the notification will trigger only on computers in the selected group, and not on the others.

As of now, it is not possible to configure filter just per computer but we will try to extend the filtering options within the improvement I have mentioned above.