how to remove win32/filecoder.crytowall.cr.gen

felix

I had a pc detected Win32/Filecoder.CrytoWall.CR.Gen.  Threat type is Trojan and action error: unable to clean.  Does anyone have this issue?  I would like some more information on how to remove the threat.

Thanks

• Administrators

Cryptowall is a quite old type of Filecoder so I assume that ESET had not been installed until recently. Unfortunately, decryption is not possible.

thanks for the link.  I guest there's no way to deleted then.  The files that were infected was back in 2014 and they were all over the network share drives.  I just got into this position I guest I would have to get these files clean.  I'll go over the link and see if I can follow it.  

If you know a better way, please let me know.  Thanks again.

4 hours ago, felix said:

thanks for the link.  I guest there's no way to deleted then.  The files that were infected was back in 2014 and they were all over the network share drives.  I just got into this position I guest I would have to get these files clean.  I'll go over the link and see if I can follow it.  

If you know a better way, please let me know.  Thanks again.

Post your problem in the Emsisoft forum malware section. One of their developers is on the forefront of ransomware mitigation and he has developed a number of ransomware decryptors.

41 minutes ago, itman said:

Post your problem in the Emsisoft forum malware section. One of their developers is on the forefront of ransomware mitigation and he has developed a number of ransomware decryptors.

Thank you.  Will try that.