Jump to content

Infected by ransomware


Snikerz
 Share

Recommended Posts

First time on this forum looking for help as to why my Estero did detect and remove the ransom encryption virus ???  Cam through an email as a pacage to be delivered by mail undeliverable. 

Can anyone help me resolve this and tell me why my security Eset Nod 32 did not catch it ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Snikerz said:

... why my Estero did detect and remove the ransom encryption virus ???

What is Estero that detected and removed the malware? Or you meant that ESET did not detect it as you stated later? Please email the output from ELC (see my signature for instructions) as well as a couple of encrypted documents and payment instructions to samples[at]eset.com with a link to this topic included.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Snikerz said:

Cam through an email as a pacage to be delivered by mail undeliverable. 

Are you using web mail or an e-mail client? If web mail, what browser were you using? Also what ver. of Windows are you using? Finally, what ver. of NOD32 are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Marcos said:

What is Estero that detected and removed the malware? Or you meant that ESET did not detect it as you stated later? Please email the output from ELC (see my signature for instructions) as well as a couple of encrypted documents and payment instructions to samples[at]eset.com with a link to this topic included.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was on a system that has windows 7 , the eset nod 32 security is up to date latest version ( it automatically updates) and it has email web protection with it . 

After realizing the document was opened , immediately ran a full scan and it did not detect it . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please drop me a pm with logs from ELC as per the instructions in my signature. Also attach the file that the use opened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, Snikerz said:

It was on a system that has windows 7 , the eset nod 32 security is up to date latest version ( it automatically updates) and it has email web protection with it . 

Was this web mail or e-mail client based? Eset's e-mail protection only protects e-mail client received mail and only for a select group of e-mail client software.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...