Eset Endpoint Allow Sharing

ekpfix2011

Hello Everyone

I am wondering how i will automatically set the network detection to allow sharing when the Endpoint Security  is deployed on the client computer remotely. Because i been the administrator will not be behind the client computer locally, they cant choose an option because they don't have administrative credentials. How can i already do this in the editing of the package so the option to allow sharing is selected by default. Please help me guys.. I have attached a photo of what i am talking about and i hope the photo makes it clear.

Eric

post-14798-0-04611100-1481656387_thumb.png

• Administrators

It seems you have installed Endpoint v5 and not the latest Endpoint v6 contains improvements in this regard. Before deploying ESET, it's a good practice to create a configuration that will have known networks set as trusted to prevent this dialog from opening. You can also enable the option "Do not show the dialog with protection mode settings of the computer in the network" in the policy to automatically treat any other networks as public / untrusted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please clarify what you would need to help with. How to create a policy with ERA v5? How to add a subnet to the Trusted zone via a policy? Or where to enable the "Do not show the dialog with protection mode settings of the computer in the network" setting?

If you have opened the firewall rules/zones editor, click the "Add default" button to populate the list with default zones. Then edit the trusted zone and add as many subnets as you need.

erav5_policy_trustedzone.png