Removal of old AV then install ESET

Hey Guys,

We are currently have System Center End Point protection installed on all of our devices and are working towards installing ESET.  I have a GPO that installs the agent and that is working well.

My next step is to remove SCEP and install ESET.  Is there away i can do this in 1 task or have the install run after SCEP is removed?  I have found that the 3rd party AV removal works but removes ESET aswell if i install it before removing SCEP.  If i need to do the removal on the devices first i would need to wait for this to complete in its entirety as if i overlap the tasks if eset installs first it will be removed as soon as the 3rd party AV removal task is run.

Any suggestions on how i could do this without leaving a gap in AV protection as we switch?

Thanks,

• ESET Staff

In general, best practice is not to run 2 security products at once. So as of now, the only supported way would be to ininstall SCEP, reboot and install ESET.

Alternatively, you might try to remove SCEP not by the AV remover (uninstall 3rd party product) but instead enable reporting of all apps in agent policy and the try to remove SCEP by "choose application from list" option.

For next release (6.5) we will adjust AV remover behavior to not remove ESET product.

• ESET Staff

In this case the SCEP does not support "agent supports uninstall" meaning ERA agent won't be able to uninstall it this way. In this case the AV remover is the only option.

ah i see, another reason to hate SCEP.  

There is a command line uninstaller for it.  Is there a way to use the command to remove it and then have another task executed after it to install ESET?  

• ESET Staff

ERA allows you to run command, however it does not allow automatic execution of another task afterwards (chaining of tasks). This is planned for next ERA release (not 6.5).