Event Log question. Security Center.

I get this error over 1500 times a day since the anniversary update.

"Error while updating status to SECURITY PRODUCT STATE ON"  Caps are in event log.

Event ID is 16 and it's from the security center.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything. Its just annoying. Under "Security and Maintenance" it says virus protection is currently not monitored. Windows defender is turned off and the firewall says it's being managed by ESET. Any way to stop this from logging so much. Should I be looking at the Windows side of things or the ESET side of things? Should I even care?

Any help or info. is appreciated. Thanks.

• Administrators

This is probably the known issue when, after changing the signature of binaries in v9.0.396, Windows Security Center denies ekrn attempts for communication. We are working on a solution - re-registration to WSC after a program update which appears to fix the issue. We expect the fix (uPCU) to be available within next week. 

To fix this manually, start Windows in safe mode (important) and delete the value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WscState. 

• 2 months later...

When is this fix coming? There are THOUSANDS of these events in Event Viewer and it's affecting startup and performance. We should not have to be doing a registry hack to fix it. It might be time to move to a more reliable product. This is unacceptable.

• Administrators

When is this fix coming? There are THOUSANDS of these events in Event Viewer and it's affecting startup and performance. We should not have to be doing a registry hack to fix it. It might be time to move to a more reliable product. This is unacceptable.

Have you updated to v9.0.402? This is the first version that performs WSC re-registration after a product update. If neither the registry "fix" help, it must be an issue with WSC itself.

• 1 month later...

I have experienced this issue repeatedly since the middle of 2016 with the latest instance today.

It occurs when Windows 10 itself installs a significant update and NOT when ESET Internet Security itself is updated. It causes my laptop to become unusable due to slow responses until the registry delete fix is applied. This is a work-around and not a solution. This problem was reported in August. I am running out of patience with the product and will have to look for alternatives if this issue is not addressed.

Please investigate and correct this issue,

ESET IS 10.0.369.0

Windows 10 Home

Version    10.0.14393 Build 14393

Windows 10 updated today. Issue with ESET started occurring immediately after successful Windows update session and reboot. Fixed with Registry key deletion.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Keith said:

Hi,
Have you fixed this yet?  If not why not put a patch out for this a Reg change it not a solution.

Thanks

We have enforced registration to WSC after a program update. To enforce it manually, run as an administrator "ecmd.exe /registerav' from the ESET install folder (you must have v10.0.386 or newer installed). The problem is not with ESET but with WSC.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

After the Creators update, I now have the same problem. I'm getting a bunch of error messages in the Event Viewer :

Error while updating ESET NOD32 Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.

I do have run ecmd /registerav command and the result was "command accepted". But this had no effect.

I'm running version 10.1.219.0 of ESET NOD32.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info | WscState doesn't exist in my system.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Samoréen