icspa scam lockout screen

Guest chris

Hi, I have been infected by the above scam. I tried reboot in safe mode and then run malware bytes whiich remove 3 threats. When i restarted in normal mode the lockout was still there. Now I cant reboot in safe mode at all without that opening screen. I tried to bootup with zip drive and hitman pro on it but my keyboard wont allow me to make a selection of 1,2 or 3 on its menu? Can someone please help. Thanks Chris (foxhole8@bigpond.net.au:)

Good day Chris,

If your running Eset, you should be able to restart the computer and let it sit on that lockout screen for 5-10 min. Most processes will still run despite the full screen app keeping you from visually seeing your desktop.

Eset should clear the virus. Restart again after prolonged period.

If not, here are some manual instructions.

Boot to safemode again.

Open Control panel, and Folder options. Select view tab, and check mark "Show hidden files and folders"

navigate to C:\ProgramData and look for suspicious executables or jscript files and delete.

navigate to %userprofile%\Appdata\Local do the same

navigate to %userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming do the same

navigate to %userprofile%\Appdata\Local\Temp do the same

navigate to %userprofile%\Downloads , Documents, and any other TEMP directories you may find.

navigate to C:\Windows\Temp look for unrecognized exe's

Open Regedit - and navigate to this key : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run & RunOnce

Remove any executables or batches trying to run at startup.

This should give you more leverage.

Let us know if you found any files that you deleted or look malicious or that you did not install.

Edited by Arakasi