Can not license ERA - failed to add license

After installing the ESET Remote Administrator v6.3.136.0 (Server) on a Server 2012 R2 it is not possible to license it.

I can not add any license. I can not add one with the 'Add License' button or with the button 'Security Admin' or with the Offline Licene file. Every time i get these errors:

Failed to add license by license key

Failed to add license by security admin credentials

If i turn off the firewall - same errors.

I can login in my ELA normally.

pls help me!

• ESET Staff

Could you please check SERVER's trace.log (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs) for Errors indication failure details?

Any chance your SERVER is configured o use HTTP Proxy and it is actually not running? Or you are should actually use HTTP proxy but it is not configured? You can check HTTP Proxy configuration in Admin -> Server settings.

• 2 months later...

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I'm trying to renew my license and i get the same error, please let me know if you figure it out.

• 1 month later...

I think following links might help you guys to resolve issue. hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3615/ & 

How to troubleshoot error: "Failed to add license by license file: The provided license file is not issued for this ESET Remote Administrator Server"

The customer tries to enter an Offline license file which was issued for other ERA Server instance. It is necessary to re-generate the Offline license file for that certain server. When an Offline license file is generated in ELA portal, the option of Allow to manage with Remote Administrator must be checked. During that operation ELA requires the token (HW fingerprint) of the ERA Server for which the file is issued. The ERA Server token can be obtained in ERA Server Web Console in the Offline license file section when adding a new license. For details please refer to the ESET Remote Administrator Online help.

I've just finished installing offline license. was facing exactly same issue