Parental control issues

Guest Suj_96

Guest Suj_96

When parental control is enabled, web pages take a lot of time to load,even google.

Why is it happening?

• Administrators

This happens if a router doesn't forward DNS requests produced by Parental control further to ESET's servers. A Wireshark log from replication of the issue would confirm my assumption. If you create one, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

• ESET Moderators

What is WIRESHARK?

i dont understand how to use it.

isnt there any other way to do it?

At first please try to set your system to use Google DNS if it will make any difference as described here.

• ESET Moderators

Some router are not able to forward the parental DNS requests properly so it takes considerable time, or the requests may even time-out.

Selecting other DNS server (Google DNS, OpenDNS or any other public DNS service) than your router overcomes this issue and by that speeds resolving and loading of pages.

Guest Suj_96

Some router are not able to forward the parental DNS requests properly so it takes considerable time, or the requests may even time-out.

Selecting other DNS server (Google DNS, OpenDNS or any other public DNS service) than your router overcomes this issue and by that speeds resolving and loading of pages.

Thank you very much!!