Widdit.com/toolbar

Guest Alfran

Guest Alfran

I have eset installed and it sent me a warning about 'widdit toolbar' while i was running updates on IE ,... i thought it was part of my updates and allowed it to pass. How do I now undo/ uninstall /remove it now? I think it is a malware .... I see it in the 'detechted log files'  in red with no action listed. How can i now block this now since i had not deleted it when the warning message came the first time?

Change the no action listed option. Try scanning again.

To quickly disable toolbar.

Go to Control panel 》internet options 》 programs tab 》manage addons 》 set to disabled

:)

Guest Alfran

It doesnt seem to be listed there. The only one i cant recognize is something from Simply Tech - home tab. but it wont let me disable.

I think its a script not installed program. every time i try to launch a new page on IE  a message 'internet script error' comes out asking if  i want to stop running the script hxxp://api.toolbar.widdit.com/interface/HtmlCompInterfaceVer2.js

Step by step guide to remove Widdit.com

Step 1- Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking

Step 2- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.

Step 3- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Widdit.com
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Widdit.com.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Widdit.com.

Step 4- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
[random].exe

Step 5- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as: ( Search throughout profile ) A.rs
%AllUsersProfile%\{random}
%AllUsersProfile%\{random}*.lnk

Step 6- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries: ( Recommend Rename or Backup Registry before Delete ) A.rs
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Disallow\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\random
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"

Step 7-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.

( Full scan with Eset and Malwarebytes after the fact ) Arak.rs

( Scan with SuperAntispyware for cookies or Hitmanpro ) rs

Source: www.zimbio.com

Edited by Arakasi

Guest Alfran

I think i managed to do it.

It was listed under 'Simply tech - Home tab'. Managed to locate and disable and uninstall.

Hope its the end of that!