ESET RA 6.3.148.0 Backup

cdfosburg

Hello,

I am using the virtual Linux appliance. I am backing it up in Veeam, however I wanted to make sure that if there were other preferred methods of backing up the appliance.

Thank you,

Chris

• ESET Staff

Hello Chris,

As of now, it is OK, if you use either the standard backup software, or virtual machine snapshots. Basically, what is important is to backup the Server Database, as that´s the place where everything important for ERA is stored (including certificates). 

However, for the summer release, we will provide improved appliances based on CentOS 7, that will have built in DB backup options and will also support migration from the older versions of appliances, as that would be the recommended scenario. 

Hello Chris,

As of now, it is OK, if you use either the standard backup software, or virtual machine snapshots. Basically, what is important is to backup the Server Database, as that´s the place where everything important for ERA is stored (including certificates). 

However, for the summer release, we will provide improved appliances based on CentOS 7, that will have built in DB backup options and will also support migration from the older versions of appliances, as that would be the recommended scenario. 

This is really welcome feature! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Chris,

This is really welcome feature! Thanks!

Agreed, I am looking forward to that feature as well. Thank you for the heads up!