ERA Reporting System

Go to solution Solved by PatrickL,

This is more of a question for the MSP ERA model, or those of you using a MySQL database due to having greater than 1500 endpoints managed through the ERA.  Has anyone come up with any type of clever way of extracting the ESET Reports and converting them into a .pdf format? 

By default, the ERA outputs the reports as a series of individual files - index.html and various .png/.jpeg etc. for the various charts and graphs.  You can also set the ERA to output the reports to a .csv format, but this is highly un-formatted and not friendly for an reporting scenario. 

So until ESET adds .pdf as an output option, I'm trying to consider clever ways of automating this process - just to be clear as well, I did submit this request to ESET Business support, and they were great about following up on the idea, but understandably couldn't confirm or deny if or when this would ever be implemented.

Any ideas?  

Cheers

• Solution

LocknetSSmith,

There is no formal way to resolve this as a PDF direct from Eset Remote Administrator. You can export the files (as you mentioned) and generate a PDF using third party applications. This will blend the files into a static PDF to allow you to push them out to the necessary recipients. you also have the option (other than the .html option used here) of exporting to a CSV format by choosing advanced options and selecting to export as a CSV from the available options. I have submitted to have this added as a requested enhancement for future builds.

Patrick

Hey Patrick - thank you for your assistance on that :D

I was hoping someone might have come up with some type of excellent VBA or Power shell script that automates the process in some manner, but that was a shot in the dark!  PDF Creator is my friend in the meantime.