ESS 9 - Desktop Notifications

• ESET Insiders

Windows 7x64 up to date

ESS v9.0.318.0

When I plug in a device, the closest I can position the desktop notification to the bottom RHS corner (that ESS will remember) is approximately the width of the taskbar above the taskbar and 3 times taskbar width from the right.

Note: Update notifications can be placed and are remembered in the bottom rhs.

Is this by design or a bug?

Edited by stackz

• ESET Insiders

Win 7 x64 - Screen resolution 1440 x 900 - standard DPI

On further investigation - When I plug in for example a flash drive, the device popup notification position gets saved in the registry to DesktopAlertPosition2.

If I position the alert in the bottom RHS, DesktopAlertPosition2 always gets set to zero. Plugging the device in again results in DesktopAlertPosition2 being set to 0x00140014.

I've tested in a virtual machine running XP and the position is saved correctly.

So this is definitely a bug.

• 4 months later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello stackz,

Upon reproducing the behaviour and reporting it to our developers a while back, I have just heard back that this will be fixed in version 10 of our product lineup.

Thank you,

T.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • ESET Insiders

This still remains unfixed in 10.0.369.0

The issue was posted to centercode during v10 beta testing, heck, I even made a video to demonstrate the problem.

Why is it so difficult to position the device notification as compared to all others?

Edited by stackz