Remote installation on Windows 7

I receive the following error message when remote install 5.0 client on Windows 7. The installation package worked well on XPs.

post-996-0-09065500-1374501370_thumb.png

Suggestions please.

Yes. ERA server service is running in an administrator privilege account. I did successfully remote installed the client on one Windows 7, under ESET customer service help. But that was the only one for now.

You might want to confirm that the account you are using on the ESET service has administrator access on the local machine by going into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> User & Groups -> Groups -> Administrators.

• Administrators

If the computers are in a domain, is ERA Service running in a domain administrator account or a local admin. account?

Hi, Marcos

I don't have a domain server here. It is Novell network, not MS. Is it still possible to do the push install to the clients, so that the clients upgrade from 4.2.xx to 5.0.xx?

Thanks.

Hello grant7072,

Error 1603 means "Fatal error during installation." and can be determined by using (froma command prompt) : net helpmsg #ERRORCODE# (for example, net helpmsg 1603).

What this means is that there is a failure during the installation portion. You have already successfully made it into the machine and started the installation process before it is failing. This falls under one of three categories.

1. If the unit is a windows Vista or later, the service called Base Filtering Engine might be damaged or missing. Check this with the follow kb article:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2861

2. There is a conflicting software on the system that has a driver or service running. I would look deeply into the running services and see if there are any left from a previous malware and use the uninstaller from the manufacturer linked directoly for that product. If we are installed partially, we will see our half installation as a problem. We have a list of the major players in this field:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

IF THESE DO NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE:

3. The third option is a bit more vague. This can be related to a number of other issues. The best way to determine what the actual error is is to download the software from the website and install it locally. There may be something wrong with the msiexec.exe, for example. Or there could be registry permission issues. Running locally will give you an error window for feedback. Please reply if this is the case with the error information and I will assist to resolve it.