How to uninstall AVG via ERA console

I have over 300 client computers that still have AVG installed despite having created and run numerous uninstall tasks to remove it. I have been using the Uninstallation setting "Third-party antivirus software (Built with OPSWAT)" to define the software to be removed. The results are usually complete failure.

If I choose "Application from list" I don't even get AVG in the list of packages to uninstall. There are dozens of other software programs that are detected, but never AVG.

Does anyone have a more reliable way to build an uninstall task for AVG anti-virus?

Thanks,

Don

It's AVG Antivirus 2014 on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 Pro machines.

Should I assume from the KB link you provided that AVG cannot be uninstalled via ERA?

Should I assume that the AV Remover will only work locally on 32 bit machines?

Edited by dhager

• Administrators

It looks so. It's a 3rd party remover made by OPSWAT so if a particular product is not supported we cannot do much about it. I'll ask my colleagues to get in touch with the vendor to find out if they could extend support also to x64 systems.

• Administrators

We've requested the vendor to add support for your version of AVG on x64 systems. In the mean time, sending a "run command" task that will run hxxp://download.avg.com/filedir/util/support/avg_remover_stf_x64_2015_5501.exe with the /silent and /skipask parameters to those clients might do the trick. Try it on one computer to confirm or deny that it works alright.