Smart Security Vs Avast free antivirus & windows firewall

Hi all, from what everyone says Avast free + windows firewall is all you ever need for home use. So my Q is, how does smart security compare? I like the Avast + win firewall combo due to it being very light on resources. How is Smart security, does it slow older systems to a crawl or is it very light? I have heard the latter...

• Administrators

I'd say that nothing compares to Advanced heuristics coupled with Advanced memory scanner, Exploit blocker and DNA smart signatures that are technologies employed by ESET and also thanks to LiveGrid allow for instant reaction to newly emerging threats. The firewall in ESS is not a simple firewall; a part of it is also Botnet protection which uses network signatures to protect you from bots.

If you search for opinions on ESET regarding performance, you'll usually find users who say that ESET is either the lightest or one of the lightest AVs they've come across. And there are already plans to boost it even more in future versions :)

Well, i am using ESET since 2007 and i never get infected by any kind of threats even Autorun :)

Never slowed me down even while playing (thanks for full-screen mode).

There are no annoying pop-ups to allow/block a software for firewall, a peace of mind auto-protection :)

I've tried every anti-virus softwares u can imagine with every year new versions, i find that ESET still and will be the best and the lightest AV.

Thanks,,,

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that nothing compares to Advanced heuristics coupled with Advanced memory scanner, Exploit blocker and DNA smart signatures that are technologies employed by ESET and also thanks to LiveGrid allow for instant reaction to newly emerging threats. The firewall in ESS is not a simple firewall; a part of it is also Botnet protection which uses network signatures to protect you from bots.

If you search for opinions on ESET regarding performance, you'll usually find users who say that ESET is either the lightest or one of the lightest AVs they've come across. And there are already plans to boost it even more in future versions :)

Well said Marcos.

Real life use (of the "whole package") is the true test of a product. Test results can (and will at times) be skewed one way or another depending on the process used (or the outcome desired :ph34r:). Like zizoshx13, I have been using ESS for years without any issues.

I will not spend my time chasing "test results". :blink:

Edited by TomFace