lsb-esets vs esets on RPM system

why these both packages not conflicting each other (by default)?

I do not think that both can running on the same time, right?

• Former ESET Employees

Megachip,

Can you please provide more information on the problem you are experiencing?

Please provide the following information so that I can understand the current situation:

ESET Product Name:

ESET Product Version:

Operating System:

Also, can you provide more details on the packages you mentioned?

ESET Product Name: esets/lsb-esets

ESET Product Version:4.0.10/4.0.79

Operating System: SLES

Also, can you provide more details on the packages you mentioned?

The Packages conflicting each other. There is no conflicts atribute in specs file. So both packages could be installed concurrently, but will not work.

• Former ESET Employees

Megachip,

Click Here for written instructions hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/soln2724&ref=esf  to deploy the Linux product. You will need to install ESET File Security on a server, and specify the package for Suse.

The download for the Suse File Security product can be found here: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/business/detail/family/53/#offline

You will need to select the correct package, and select either a 32-bit or 64-bit system

• 2 months later...

Click Here for written instructions hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/soln2724&ref=esf  to deploy the Linux product. You will need to install ESET File Security on a server, and specify the package for Suse.

Not really ^^ Thats "How do I run a Computer scan in ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro? (5.x)"

I know how to create and deploy packages for linux.

But the packages eset provides after extraction aren't well formed. So if a user try to install both packages, he possible get up in a bad situation. if someone trying to install the client on a system, where allready the server is installed, the user should have warned and these installation should have been denied. (eg uninstall client/server first).

on rpm based packages you can solve this with "conflicts" (see hxxp://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-depend-manual-dependencies.html)