Endpoint AV 6.0.24.0 Mac - Anyone else got issues?

lythaby

Decided to go in with both feet.

Deployed new ERA instance, via OVA, 6.1.28.(Another thread in that forum soon)

Remotely installed the endpoint agent.

Remotely installedEndpoint AV 6.0.24.0.

Found issues with the new endpoint AV effecting web browsing by simply not going to certain websites, just a blank screen, no error, only in Safari.

Support notified, will be fixed in next release, but no idea when, etc, etc.

Not good enough.

Remotely uninstalled Endpoint AV 6.0.24.0.

Remotely installed 4.1.98 again, with the configuration script still pointing to the old ERA server.

Some machines are now failing to update, and upon checking their remote administrator settings, they're set to localhost and port 2225, and not my old ERA server settings that should be in there.

Is this the endpoint agent getting involved, and trying to make it talk to the era6 server, and failing, if so, how the hell do you remotely uninstall the endpoint agent?

I was hoping that as ESET recognise Macs, and 4.1.98 was pretty good, that they'd put a bit more support behind the new Mac products.

So far, it's not looking good.

• Most Valued Members

Found issues with the new endpoint AV effecting web browsing by simply not going to certain websites, just a blank screen, no error, only in Safari.

Support notified, will be fixed in next release, but no idea when, etc, etc.

Not good enough.

Recent updates to the 'Internet protection module' has resolved the web browsing issues (See previous topic 1, topic 2) for 6.0.24.0 at the moment, however after updating the Macs need to be restarted for changes to take affect or else the issue will still be present.

Restart OS X after the update is complete. Then, if you click on the ESET icon and click 'About...' then 'More Information...', see if you have the same Internet protection module or one from a later date:

Internet protection module  1173.7 (20150428)
This seems to be the current regular update module released as of now and the one I tested with.