Feature Request - Anti-Spam Plug-In for TheBat!

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I am sure that you probably have received this request previously. However, I did not see it here on the new forums nor did I find it here in the beta section. TheBat! is an extremely popular email client by Ritlabs (maybe not as popular in the United States but it is used extensively throughout the rest of the world). It should not be that hard to code and judging by the revision history of TheBat! and other Anti-Spam plug-ins available for it, once coded, the maintenance for the plug-in should be minimal. In many places in the world, TheBat! is used just as much as Outlook, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird (if not more in many cases). I would be eternally grateful if this could be done and you could consider it. With anti-spam being a major feature of ESS and the premium price of ESS, it is hard to pay for a feature that you cannot use. I can speak for the many, many TheBat! users out there by stating we would be even more loyal to the use of ESS and feel that we would be more willing to purchase or renew ESS as we would feel we were getting more of what we paid for. Thank you very much for considering this and on behalf of many TheBat! users look forward to the possibility!

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I inadvertently left out one point in the post above that I need to add. Adding anti-spam support for TheBat! would give ESET a big advantage for TheBat! user-base as ESET could be one of the few (if not the only) major anti-virus/security software vendors to provide support for TheBat!. One would think, with the large number of TheBat! users out there, that ESET would want to attract more of this particular user-base.

• Administrators

I presume that the number of users using TheBat! is substantially smaller than those using MS Outlook or other email clients made by Microsoft so there are no plans to make a plug-in for TheBat! yet.

• ESET Insiders

Hello, thanks for the reply,

I guess I pretty much knew the answer to my question before I posted it. I have been using NOD32 a very long time since version one and been using ESS since the very first version came out. I have been using TheBat! just as long and have been requesting an anti-spam plug-in for TheBat! since ESS was introduced. It does not hurt to ask or request every now and then, does it? I can only be patient and hope that one day a plug-in will be available.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Marcos...

Edited by puff-m-d

• Administrators

If there are resources available for developing a plug-in for other than Microsoft email clients, we'll first focus on Mozilla Thunderbird ESR. Of course, it also depends on the demand; if only a few users were to benefit from a particular plug-in, it wouldn't be worth spending months on research and coding.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shazbot95@gmail.com

Hello,

I am sure that you probably have received this request previously. However, I did not see it here on the new forums nor did I find it here in the beta section. TheBat! is an extremely popular email client by Ritlabs (maybe not as popular in the United States but it is used extensively throughout the rest of the world). It should not be that hard to code and judging by the revision history of TheBat! and other Anti-Spam plug-ins available for it, once coded, the maintenance for the plug-in should be minimal. In many places in the world, TheBat! is used just as much as Outlook, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird (if not more in many cases). I would be eternally grateful if this could be done and you could consider it. With anti-spam being a major feature of ESS and the premium price of ESS, it is hard to pay for a feature that you cannot use. I can speak for the many, many TheBat! users out there by stating we would be even more loyal to the use of ESS and feel that we would be more willing to purchase or renew ESS as we would feel we were getting more of what we paid for. Thank you very much for considering this and on behalf of many TheBat! users look forward to the possibility!

Check out AntispamSniper for The Bat! Check it works extremely well and is cheap at $20, The bat may not be as popular as Outlook or Thunderbird, but it's far more powerful, shame the ESET and other programs can't see this

Minty

• 1 month later...
Guest Bat User

Shame. I use the Bat too. I can see that there is no point getting Internet Security if the anti spam doesn't integrate with the Bat.