Outlook stuck on "Updating Inbox"

canada3

I just deployed my first batch of ESET Endpoint Security 6.1.2227.0

Works pretty well. However, we have a couple people out of the batch who's Outlook will no longer update. One of those people happens to be the CEO :(

The only thing I have been able to do to get it to work is to switch them into Non Cached mode and it appears to work. They are not getting any new emails while it is stuck on "Updating Inbox".

This does still happen when I start Outlook in safe mode as well, without the plugins. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canada3

• Administrators

Was Endpoint v5 installed on this machine previously? If so, I assume you had never run into this issue, had you? How many emails are approximately in inbox? Is it hundreds or thousands?

• Administrators

Please raise a support ticket with US customer care. It will be necessary to install a logging version of the Outlook plug-in, get debug logs for analysis and pass them to the developers for analysis.

Same issue happened to us..End up waiting 3-4 hours for a few large inbox (1GB to 3 GB) and eventually Outlook starts to update inbox.

Same issue happened to us..End up waiting 3-4 hours for a few large inbox (1GB to 3 GB) and eventually Outlook starts to update inbox.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad we are not the only ones! We also have a couple machines in which ESET butchered the MBR, and now they wont boot. I have to manually select the hard drive to boot now. Hoping its just a simple MBR repair and it will be back to working. Just dumb that I am even having to think about this!

canada3

• Administrators

If there is an excessive number of emails in inbox, it can take some time until ESET scans all emails for the first time after installation. Usually not all emails are kept directly in inbox but are organized in folders.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed EES version 5.0.2229 over in 500 computers, in random, some machines couldn't update the inboxes. Sending email is possible. The user IT admin need to rebuild the OST (more than 2GB) and complainted it never happen before prior installing EES. The incident do not have a pattern and it is a random case, so hard for us to pin point the exact trigger point. Unable to collect logs as the issue happen randomly, and once the OST is rebuild, everything is fine. More than 20 PC is affected  :angry:

• 1 year later...