ESET Server FS kill NIC / connectivity

Hi,

We have multiple Servers running and didnt have any issues for years.
But this year, so recently, we had 3 times the same issue where ESET File security braks the virtual NIC and the whole connectivity.

Its a HyperV setup and the guest wa either a Server 2019 oder 2022 with ESET FS installed, cirrent version.
The serv is unresponsive from any LAN client, nor service is reachable and when I log into the host and access the VM the nic adapter has the "yellow exclamation mark".

From within the VM there is no connectivity at all. When I remove eset and reboot all is good again.

I see no no message in the ESET GUI if / what it is blocking - any ideas how to solve this?

thx

• Administrators

Do you have ESET Server Security with the firewall? If so, is the firewall enabled in the advanced setup? Are there any records of blocked connections in the Network protection log? If possible, please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

56 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you have ESET Server Security with the firewall?

Yes - but the FW was disabled and the Windows FW was running. Windows FW also was not the issues as I disabled it.

For the Log cocllector, do I need ESET runnig or will it collect log from deinstalled products also?

• Administrators

IDS detections are part of Network protection. The firewall is a separate protection feature.

Were you unable to create an IDS exception for the port scan detection?