Critical issue discovered in Eset Security

Guest Sherief Abdelhaleem

Guest Sherief Abdelhaleem

Hi Eset,

Please forward to "Eset Security" developers team, becaue I found no way to contact them except through this forum.

I tried Eset Security Premium in the past 2 days, I liked it alot specially it's HIPS which in the interactive mode gives the power user a detailed idea about what it is happening on his computer giving him a chance to premit or prevent every single event and to create a role for it,  which is a great security control and a big advantage for Eset over all other security apps, but unfortunately there is a critical issue in it when working in interactive mode, which is when you try to restart the pc a big conflict happens between Eset and Windows 11 processes to take control, and as a result a blank black display shows  without any chance for the user to interact and allow or deny the event, because the black restarting screen covered all Eset's windows, unfortunately there is no solution, and even if you try to power off then power on the pc, the reboot process stops at the same blank black screen, neither starting windows, nor letting Eset to show it's interactive window.

Unfortunately I found no way to overcome this critical issue except reinstalling the whole and several weeks old image of my windows hard drive !!

I think that a critical application update is requried even to grant very top appearance and action control for Eset interactive window over any thing else, or at least warn the user to stop HIPS interactive before restarting his PC.

I hope that you let me know if you resolved this critical issue in order to use Eset as my security application again.

Best Regards.

Sherief

• Administrators

This is pretty much expected. If you enable interactive mode, you must have basic rules already created. We recommend leaving learning mode enabled for some time and make sure to reboot and shut down the machine in the mean time so that the necessary rules for the OS are created when Windows and ESET GUI are not running yet. Then you can switch to the interactive mode if you prefer to manually approve all actions.