Agent Deployment problem

Go to solution Solved by jimwillsher,

I've been trying to install my ESET Endpoint product by the ERA 6, the deployment step it's ok, but even with the firewall not working, the agent does not manage my computer, someone have the same problem?, Thanks. 

post-6354-0-52980700-1425500975_thumb.jpg

post-6354-0-73902900-1425500976_thumb.jpg

• ESET Staff

What is in the agent status log located at: c:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html ?

• ESET Staff

According to the log, hostname that you have put in Agent installer can not be resolved (No such host is known.). Can you ping it from command prompt?

I've changed the host to the server ip, and the conection have been established, i will try to install the agent again in another machine, does have a way to change the deployer to use the server ip and not the server name?

• Solution

Assuming you are using the Live Installer, just edit the batch file in a text editor and change it in there.

Though a DNS name is strongly recommended over an IP address, in case your IP address changes.

I use a host name of antivirus.ourcompanyname.com

Jim

Edited by jimwillsher

I know, but seems to have a problem with the dns name, i'm testing the ERA now, so the ip isn't a problem, now the repository is my new problem... it seem to works fine, last time that was happening because of one of the SQL services was not running , now all the services are OK, but the ERA does not find the agent or the installations... 

post-6354-0-17239900-1425572613_thumb.jpg

post-6354-0-76715400-1425572614_thumb.jpg

Edited by William Neves